Saturday, November 13, 2010

Plans and things going on

Been away the past week or so because I blew out my back last week. It is horrible and miserable and I don't mean the pain (though that is heart stopping right now). It's horrible and miserable because I can't get up and do anything and only one chair in the house is comfortable for me right now. It has given me some time to work on brain stuff. Meaning thinking about the things I want to get done with the holidays coming and just general stuff. I have missed the last three days of work because of it as well. Tashia is also not feeling the greatest. She had a cyst that was getting worse and extremely painful. I thought it was a boil but she finally got into to see the doctor and he had to "take care" of it. Not going to say what he did because it is kind of gross. LOL! She is on the road to feeling better though, at least she can stand upright now.

As you can see by the new button on the side, made by Faerie Sage. I am pledging to go homemade for the holidays. Now this is something that I usually do anyway, but I usually by store bought gifts as well. This year I am going to make all the presents I hand out to be only homemade. I have actually already started on it. One of the gifts that people get from me is one that I mass produce. It is usually an ornament of some sort. This year will be no different. They are snowflake ornament out of polymer clay. I use a cookie cutter to cut out the shape, then bake, then paint on them by hand to add the "zing" to them. They are pearl clay and the painting is being done in a icy blue with glitter glue put over that to give them a sparkle. I will get some pictures of them put up in a few days, my camera is acting up and can't get it to work.

I found some fleece at a fabric store that has characters from the movie "Cars" on it and I'm going to make a blanket out of it for AJ as that is his favorite movie and he loves his blankies.

I will probably make some sort of jewelry for the girls and a special box for it to go into. Will also do the same for my mom. As for my dad and  Jeremy (Beccas' Fiance) I have no idea what to make for them. It's really hard to make homemade gifts for men. If anyone has any ideas what to make for them I am completely open for suggestions.

Love the idea of the pledge of putting homemade gifts on your wish list as well. Really supports other artists out there and it puts money in "peoples" pockets instead of some major corporation some where. Well except Michaels and Hobby Lobby, but they are a different story. LOL So that is something I am going to do as well. I love homemade gifts so it couldn't be more perfect in my eyes.

Making my own Christmas cards is something that I do as well. Not sure if I will this year though because I already packed up all my Scrapbooking supplies, but I do have a file cabinet full of my 8 1/2 by 11 paper still out so might dig into there and see what I can come up with. Thinking I might make those snowflakes as well to go with the ornaments.

Going to start sculpting as well. That is one for fun not for gift giving, though it might turn out to be a gift if it turns out well enough. I looked all over the net for sculpted witches and though I found quite a few, most are of the Crone Witch or they had green faces and warts, which is all well in good. But I couldn't really find any that were of a "normal everyday witch". Of all the blogs that I read most have to do with being a witch and being Pagan/Wiccan. Of all of them I have yet to see one person that is green or has a big wart on their nose. So where is the sculptures of those people? Where are the "normal" witch sculptures at? So I am determined to give a hand at it and see what I can come up with. Now sculpting isn't something I have done a lot of but I have gotten better at it. I also made my own eyes recently and am dying to use them so this will be the perfect thing to use them on.

Thinking of making witches that sit on top of a small jar and label the jar with the names of spices or oils. Something that can actually be used when making food or things for casting spells, whatever it may be. Think it would be so cute to have a row of spice jars that all have a little witch sitting on top of it. What kind of jar would be good for that? Any ideas? I was thinking baby food jars, but I don't have many of them, but for now I guess I just need one. Bet there are better jars out there for it though. Thought about medicine bottles as I have a box full of those, but thinking it would be to top heavy. Guess I could weight it down some how and it would be recycling so that is a major bonus in my book. But could you put spices in something that used to hold medicine? Suppose if it was some what sterilized first it could work. Any ideas on that?

See lots of ideas going through my head.

Looking at the positive side to blowing out my back, gives me time to think and come up with some good ideas for art and crafts.

Well I am going to get off of here and go sit somewhere else. LOL.

May your day be filled with many smiles and blessings!!!

1 comment:

  1. Great ideas. I'm not all that crafty - but I do love to work with clay. I might give that cookie cutter idea a go!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete